Share This Article

Spank Spike Flat Pedals Review


Recently I decided to upgrade my stock pedals on my mountain bike to increase stability and grip. The pedals I went with the Spike Flat Pedals due to their look and adjustable pins.

Advantages
Right out of the box I noticed that my decision to upgrade my pedals was the correct decision. The Spike Flat Pedals offered the following advantages.
  • Larger Platform
  • Lighter (Less than 1LB Per Pair)
  • Better Grip (Adjustable Pins)
  • Less Spin (Stay In Place When Foot Slips Off)
Proof
Have you heard the term the "Proof Is In The Pudding" well the first ride with the Spike Flat Pedals not only made the ride more stable it also aloud me to set 20 personal speed records as shown in my Strava report.

Stability
The wider pedal gives you more of a surface area to stand on which is the position you find yourself in on most if not all down hill situations. The biggest advantage of the wide pedal was the distribution of my weight which helped with the pain in the arches of your feet.

Grip
You will find that on a mountain bike if your feet slip just a little you can't pinch the tank with your thighs and readjust your feet like you can on a dirt bike. With 20 adjustable pins you will find that your feet stay in place and your feet no longer slip off which causes the pedal to smack you in the shins.

Overall
If your riding a mountain bike to get in shape or just have fun on two wheels upgrading your pedals is one of the first things I would do to your bike. So far I have been very happy with the Spike Flat Pedals and they are priced right. [Purchase]

Labels:

Find Race/Ride

Discount Codes

Company Discount Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $9.99 Air Filter Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC 62% Off Riding Gear Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC Cold Weather Gear Sale Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC Quick Cash Off Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $20 Off Pirelli Tires Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $20 Off Dunlop Tires Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $20 Off Bridgestone Tires Get Deal

Support Our Sponsors

Show your support by clicking images below to check out their page.

[disqus]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.