Share This Article

Crank Brothers Mallet 3 Pedal Review


Switching from flat pedals like Spikes to a clip-in style pedal is a hard decision if you're not comfortable being connect to the bike. With my dirt bike background I didn't like the idea of clipping the bike to my feet, but I wanted the advantages of  being clipped in provided therefore I picked up a set of Crank Brothers Mallet 3 pedals.  

First Impression
After removing the pedals out of the box I was impressed with how large the platform was and the quality of the product. Another item I was impressed with was the well wrote "with pictures" provided instructions.

Set-Up
Setting up these pedals was pretty straight forward and easy. The amount of clip in pressure is easily changed depending on which shoe the red dotted cleat is installed. The only issue I had during set up was getting the proper pin adjustment to allow cleat to clip in smoothly. 

Trail Performance
The Mallet 3 pedals were exactly what I was looking for in clip in pedals. They allow me to clip in for long slow climbing situation where utilizing the upward power of your pedal stroke is needed. When riding down hill the large platform allows you to stay un-clipped yet still feel in control of the bike and adjust your body position. 

Overall
Even though I'm still getting used to being clipped in these are my current pedals of choice. The ability to stay un-clipped due to the large platform allows me to feel safe on down hills and even wear street shoes when on a ride with the kids.  One thing I do recommend is when first switching to clip in style pedals practice clipping in and out on a flat grassy area. [Purchase]
Labels:

Find Race/Ride

Discount Codes

Company Discount Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $9.99 Air Filter Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC 62% Off Riding Gear Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC Cold Weather Gear Sale Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC Quick Cash Off Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $20 Off Pirelli Tires Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $20 Off Dunlop Tires Get Deal
RockyMountain ATV/MC $20 Off Bridgestone Tires Get Deal

Support Our Sponsors

Show your support by clicking images below to check out their page.

[disqus]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.